The Incorporated Law Society for Cardiff & District
(Registered in England and Wales with number 00022357) (the Company)
Notice of Annual General Meeting 2023
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of The Incorporated Law Society for Cardiff and District will be held at The Hilton Hotel, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3HH on Thursday 23 November 2023 at 6:00pm.
NOTE: Members will be able to physically attend the AGM
Join us in-person
Venue: The Hilton Hotel, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3HH
Timings & Programme:
- 6:00pm: AGM Starts
- Drinks to follow the AGM at The Hilton Hotel
To join us in person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be asked to consider and vote on the resolutions set out overleaf which are proposed and will be passed as ordinary resolutions.
- To read through and if it thought fit confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 24 November 2022.
- To receive the unaudited financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2022 including the Treasurer’s Report.
- The election of the following people as officers and Council members with effect from the conclusion of the meeting:-
Length of office term
|Clare Good||President||One year|
|Trish D’Souza||Vice President||One year|
|Emma Waddingham||Junior Vice President||One year|
|Stephen Averill||Treasurer||One year|
|Rachelle Sellek||Honorary Secretary||One year|
|Adam McGlynn||Honorary Asst. Secretary P.D. Officer||One year|
|Steve Roberts||Hon. Asst. Secretary Membership||One year|
|RHian Hooton||Hon. Asst. Secretary Diversity & Inclusion||One year|
|Byron Jones||Hon. Asst. Secretary Regulatory||One year|
|Delyth Williams||Hon. Asst. Secretary Social||One year|
|Emma Waddingham||Hon. Asst. Secretary Marketing and Website||One year|
- To re-appoint the following people as members of Council who retire pursuant to Article 48 of the Articles and offer themselves for re- election with effect from the conclusion of the meeting:
|Jenine Abdo||Ordinary (immediate past president)||Three Years|
|Kerry Mordey||Ordinary||Three Years|
|Roy Morgan||Ordinary||Three Years|
- To appoint Aysha Chouhdhary and Adam McGlynn as members of Council with effect from the conclusion of the meeting who offer themselves for election (with a three year term).
- To approve the donation of £250 to LawCare and £250 to SBA (The Solicitors Charity)
Registered Office: 3 Assembly Square, Britannia Quay, Cardiff CF10 4PL
By Order of the Board
Dated: 26 October 2023
See below for Notes.
The terms used in this Note here shall have the same meanings as those set out in the Company’s articles of association. References to articles are to the aforementioned articles of association.
- Every member shall have one vote whether on a show of hands or on a poll provided that any Associate Members as defined in Article 4 shall not be entitled to vote.
- Members are entitled to appoint a proxy to vote at a general meeting of the Company. The process for doing so is as described in paragraph 6 below.
- On a show of hands, each member present is entitled to one vote. Members represented by proxy shall have no vote.
- On a poll, votes may be given either personally or by proxy, but no person shall act as a proxy who is not entitled to be present and vote in his own right.
- A vote given in accordance with the terms of an instrument of proxy shall be valid notwithstanding the previous death of the principal or revocation of the proxy, provided that no intimation in writing of the death or revocation shall have been received at the registered office one hour at least before the time fixed for holding the meeting.
- The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in writing under the hand of the appoint or or his attorney duly authorised in writing, in the following form or as near thereto as circumstances will permit:
“THE INCORPORATED LAW SOCIETY FOR CARDIFF AND DISTRICT”
“I, (xx) of a member of THE INCORPORATED LAW SOCIETY FOR CARDIFF AND DISTRICT hereby appoint (xx) of another member of the Society, and failing them of (xx) another member of the Society, to vote for me and on my behalf at the Annual General Meeting of the Society held on the (xx) day of and at every adjournment thereof.
As my witness my hand this (xx) day of (xx) .”
- To be valid any proxy form or other instrument appointing a proxy must be:
- completed and signed;
- sent or delivered to R L Sellek: 3 Assembly Square, Britannia Quay, Cardiff CF10 4PL; and
- received by R L Sellek no later than forty-eight hours before the time appointed for holding the meeting.