Our BAME & Friends subcommittee has created a useful list of organisations and groups that can provide support on a whole host of issues to enable our members across the Cardiff and District legal community to support themselves and other BAME colleagues in the profession.
If you have any ideas or suggestions for our list, please contact us.
We regularly host BAME events and coffee mornings for lawyers in Cardiff & District – you don’t have to be a member to join us.
To hear more about our events, please contact us to sign up to our mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Samaritans – a suicide prevention charity, provide multiple support services to enable this mission.
- Dive In Festival – a global movement in the insurance sector to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- LawCare – an organisation that provides information and support to the legal community
- Mind – an organisation that provides advice and support to empower anyone suffering from a mental health issue. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding on mental health.
- Women in Law – a networking organisation that is designed to encourage, inspire and support the next generation of Lawyers and Women in Business.
- Noticed – inter-firm diversity network aimed at promoting networking opportunities to integrate, celebrate and educate on diversity across the legal sector.
- The Proud Trust – a group focussed on empowering young LGBT+ individuals. They achieve this through youth groups and networks, the delivering of training, running events and campaigns, undertaking research and creating resources.
- The LGBT Foundation – a charity designed to support the needs of the LGBT + community by enabling people to increase their skills, knowledge and self-confidence all with a view of improving and maintaing their health and wellbeing.
- The Law Society Ethnic Solicitors Network – an opportunity for solicitors from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds and their allies to have their voice heard, allowing The Law Society to represent you effectively.
- Show Racism the Red Card – an anti-racism educational charity
- Aspiring Solicitors – an organisation looking to increase diversity in the legal profession
For more information on the our BAME & Friends subcommittee, and our wider subcommittees, please click here.